Slow Stitching Sunday


This slow stitching project is nearing completion.  I may or may not be able to use it in my book.  I am definitely hoping to.  The riot of colour makes me so happy.  I had some pleasurable stitching on this piece this week.  I gathered together all the needles that had bits of thread still in them from other projects.  I purposed to use up every last bit and that is what I did.  I also added some more beads.  As I look at this piece I don't see any area that needs further work.  Maybe I should just call it finished.  What will be my next project?  There are definitely many waiting in the wings!


I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/ 

Comments

Frog Quilter said…
That is a beautiful masterpiece!!!
Deb said…
Your embroidered piece is quite stunning, I love the stitching and beadwork. If it doesn't make it into your book i could see framing it.
Quilter Kathy said…
That is a very happy piece of art! It's interesting when a project announces that it's
"done". Merry Christmas Angela!
This looks great! Love the colorful exuberance of the paint and thread and beads.
Karrin Hurd said…
That piece is beautiful! Can't wait to see what your next project is! I know it will be colorful! Happy Holidays Angela!
Kim said…
It is always a joy to see this piece. It is dazzling to my eyes! I love that you keep the thread in your needles and use up every little skerrick. I would never have thought of that. But then, I suppose with all the amazing little stitches here and there that you imagine, it makes perfect sense to do so. I too, wonder what you will next showcase to us. I have no doubt that it will be both magical and exquisite. Have a beautiful wee, beautiful lady.
I love your stitches - beautiful
Juliana said…
This is so pretty and cheerful! I'm glad you posted a photo because it gave me a little boost in spirits when I saw your work.
It's lovely - reminds me of an Impressionist painting.
What a lovely piece Angela. I'm sure that you'll find a good home for it, either in the book or elsewhere. I love that you used up all of your bits of thread in your needles :-) Take care and I hope that you have a great holiday season.
Queeniepatch said…
The colours are so beautifully spread out in this piece, great balance.
What an interesting way to work, I will have to try that for a free form embroidery, using up what is left in any needle.
This is so pretty, like a watercolour painting. Beautiful work!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday