Slow Stitching Sunday


 I have added some more trims and lace to my crazy quilt block.  I have also added a mermaid tail.  I painted some felt and cut out the shape.  My granddaughter noticed it and thought it was absolutely wonderful but wondered why it didn't have a head.  Well, heads are the hardest part for me and I kind of like that is just the tail.  I am not quite sure what is next for this block.  It never hurts to let things percolate a bit.

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Ivani said…
Or maybe the mermaid has dived into the block so only her tail is visible, Angela. ;)
It is a beautiful crazy block love the colors.
Karrin Hurd said…
I love the addition of the mermaid tail! I always just add the back of the head with the hair for the mermaids. I can do hair pretty well in yarn and stitches and such. Great work, I love it!
Kim said…
Letting things percolate works for me, too. =) Love the mermaid tail. Aren't children sweet? All that craziness is beautiful; the fabrics all shimmer with delight!
Queeniepatch said…
Ivani had a good point!
A smart way to avoid having to make a face is to just do the flowing hair. Especially in the water, or on a windy day, you just need to add a lot of tangles!
I love the colours.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday