Slow Stitching Sunday


 Another mandala finished.  I love thee encrusted look and really enjoyed stitching this.  If I ever do another mandala in this fashion I will plan to not go all the way to the edge.  That will require choosing a base fabric in a colour I want to see.  This fabric is a beautiful silk to stitch into.  The colour is not really a favourite so that made the choice to cover it completely quite easy.  

This is the last mandala for my installation submission.  I love idea of mounting my mandala on the wall in a spiral design as I have previously mentioned.  The spiral being infinite means that as I create more mandalas there will always be room for them.  I am excited to get started on my next mandala!

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/


Comments

Ivani said…
It is gorgeous, Angela a real work of art.
Miaismine said…
Your mandala came out so lovely and that is so clever to leave the placement openended with a spiral! Clever you!
Quilter Kathy said…
So much to see on this mandala... beads and stitches and buttons and ribbons... beautiful!
Such pretty colours in this mandala!
Hi Angela, that sounds so cool. I've never considered covering up a whole piece of background cloth but if it stitches up well, why not! Have a great week.
Karrin Hurd said…
Gorgeous mandala, I love, love, love it! Congratulations on the beautiful finish!
CathieJ said…
That is a beautiful way to use fabric that you aren't crazy about.
Sarah said…
Such great colours. It’s so difficult stitching to the edge ! But it does look good!
Queeniepatch said…
I love the look of this 'pile 'em on' design. More is certainly more!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday