Work in Progress Wednesday


 I have played around with some snow dyeing.  So glad I thought to do it when we had snow because thinking about doing it in the summer doesn't work.  I have had mixed results.  I used too much snow and not enough dye in the first batch.  I got rather pale results which aren't a total loss.  The second batch I used less snow and more dye.  Maybe a bit too much dye.  The silk in the top left corner really soaked it up.  So it is a bit dark but again still will be useable.  The third batch I think I got right.  It is the large piece in the background.  

None of these has been ironed so they are quite wrinkly.  There isn't much point in ironing them until I am ready to use them.  I have no plans for them at the moment.  The round doilies will likely be turned into mandalas.  I know, shocker!

Comments

That background piece is really pretty! I've never tried snow dying, but it sounds interesting. What kind of dye do you use?

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday