I Like


 Thank you LeeAnna for asking:


most of us were raised with the fun spring idea of an Easter Bunny....
and a basket of goodies

"do you have any fun or special memories of getting or giving an easter
basket?  What was in it?  Was it covered in that shiny see through
crinkly paper and candy sitting on that paper grass? Remember that wall
of easter baskets in the front window of the dime stores ? Did you do
easter egg hunts in the yard, and did you love it? "

It was a really warm Easter day and I ran off to play with my neighbour.  I didn't think anything of leaving the chocolate bunny I received at home.  When I returned half of it was gone and I wondered what had happened to it.  My much older siblings told me that it had melted.  I was so naive and being so much younger believed them.  Is it any wonder I have trust issues!  It turns out that of course, they had eaten some of it.  Our parents had thought them too old to have an Easter treat.  Is that a sad story or a funny one?  A bit of both I guess.

My MIL has always done Easter egg hunts.  My sons were getting too old for them but they had younger cousins who still enjoyed the hunt.  I have sweet memories of my boys lifting up their cousins to find the eggs that were a bit too high.  Or just generally helping them.  At that age, many would have been much too cool to be involved at all.  Hubby and I were just talking about that this morning.  We have such great kids!  This weekend the grandchildren will enjoy the egg hunt.

Unfortunately, I won't get to do my Easter egg craft with my seniors this afternoon.  There has been a flu outbreak there and I won't be allowed to go.  It would have helped me use up some of my fabric scraps!  Oh well.  I do love visiting with them but a week off is also enjoyable.

I am so grateful that warmer weather is coming.  I am walking with a friend this afternoon and mild weather is always welcome.  It is supposed to get up to double digits next week!  I am already envisioning myself stitching on my beautiful deck.  






Comments

Hooray for warmer weather, and walks with friends! I'm sorry you didn't get to go do the craft with the seniors today, and sorry they're having a flu outbreak. That's hard on them in multiple ways. Fun story about your boys and their cousins, too!
PaintedThread said…
I like your fabric egg!
That is a wonderful fabric egg there. Yes, I think your story is a bit of both too. A shame you missed your time with the seniors, and how kind you are to volunteer like that. Sometimes, an unintended break is the best kind. Happy Weekend to you!
LA Paylor said…
I loved reading your stories. I was adopted when sisters were 12 and 16, and both got married young and had kids I was raised with. I hunted, then helped the little ones hunt, and both were fun. Glad you were given warning to avoid the flu center and a week goes by so quickly
Happy Easter my friend, Love, LeeAnna

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday