I Like


 Oh, LeeAnna thank you for coming up with such great questions for us!

"make a list of some of your favorite smells.... scents...


what do these make you think about? was there a special memory
associated with one of them? "

I like floral and citrus scents.  Hyacinths have started to bloom and their fragrance is powerful. There are some trees blooming now too and their fragrance is so sweet.  But the smell that I love the most is fresh laundry off the clothesline.  Especially bed sheets and pyjamas.  Snuggling into bed when it is clean and fresh feels extra lovely.  I remember burying my nose in my favourite blanket when it came in from the clothesline when I was little.  Such a simple pleasure and good memory.

I am so grateful for my sense of smell.  Well, all my senses really.  Connecting to each sense is a great way to stop anxious thoughts.  It forces you into your body and the here and now.  Anxious thoughts are almost always future-oriented.  I draw circles on the palm of my hand with a finger.  That helps to anchor me to my sense of touch.  List five things that you see.  Can you hear three different things?  What are you tasting right now?  These are all good things to think about when you need to be present. 

I also like that I got to return to teaching with my seniors today.  It was so good to see them! 






Comments

Oh yes, laundry fresh off the line is a wonderful scent! My husband likes to hang his shirts outside, and then they smell good all day long. I bet your seniors were happy to see you, too!
PaintedThread said…
I am grateful for all my senses, too!
LA Paylor said…
I do that senses recording when stressed too. Nothing takes the edge off but escape into books, tv or sewing at the moment though. A book playing while I sew is often required!
Fresh laundry. I might be one of the few people who likes to fold warm clean laundry, but our dryer went out at the start of the pandemic and we still don't want people in here to bring a new one. Miss that warm scent.
LeeAnna
Queeniepatch said…
What a good reminder - that we can observe the present by our senses. I had to stop and listen for some sounds, feel the fingertips touching the keys of the computer keyboard... I need to stop more often to enjoy the present, or at least be aware of it. Thank you!
My favourite smell at the moment is the fragrance of Sweet Daphne which are in season now.
Laundry dried outdoors is such a great scent! We all should be happy to be able to enjoy our senses. It's so easy to take them for granted. Thanks for reminding us!
Linda said…
Mom used to have me help her gather clothes off the clothesline, and yes there is nothing like that smell. It is indeed a blessing to have that sense of smell - I missed it when I had Covid! Have a lovely weekend.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday