Lee Anna and all the gang are discussing the following

For November 16 2023

3.Would you rather attend a Harvest festival or an Oktoberfest party?

between us, I LOVE festivals... walking around shopping, eating and drinking and music, so much fun

I was in Munich and Frankfort just before true octoberfest but have been to several in the states. I'm not a big beer drinker but it was fun.

I live in Kitchener, Ontario is the home of the second largest Oktoberfest in the world.  Or it used to be, not sure about that.  I am not a beer drinker nor am I particularly fond of sausages so Oktoberfest is not a high priority to me.  I don't think I have ever been to a Harvest Festival.  I would be interested in doing that.  I have been to Pumpkinfest in Port Elgin which I imagine is a lot like a Harvest Festival.  They had pumpkins that were 600 pounds!  Amazing.  

I saw this leaf while walking with a friend last week.  The raindrops would look better if they were glistening. Still, pretty colours!  I love my weekly walks with my friend.  We share so many laughs.  We get exercise and fresh air. We always see interesting things.  I am so grateful for our walks.

We talked about having good boundaries while walking last week.  I like that within hours of getting home I had the opportunity to set good boundaries with someone.  It is interesting how that happens.  I like that I am getting better with boundaries.  I like that I do not feel the need to apologize or overly explain my boundaries.  They can accept them or not.  Either way, I will be fine.

Comments

I have two friends I walk with on a weekly basis, and just like you, I love being out getting exercise and having that time to talk with my friend, too. Good for you - figuring out how to set boundaries and stand up for yourself with them, too. That isn't always easy to do!
I love your photograph! I think I would choose Harvest Festival over Octoberfest as well. I don't like beer or sausage! I think it's important to set boundaries. I think it's healthier although not the easiest thing to talk about.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday