I Like

 


LeeAnna and friends are discussing

As an adult, or even a retired adult, now, do you change your routine
for the summer? Do you have a grandchild come stay, for instance? Do you
go to family yourself? do you tend to stay up later or eat out more, or
become more active/less active because of heat? How is your daily
routine changed because of the change of season?

I don't change a lot in the summer.  Definitely, I don't change my daily routine.  I try to go with the flow most days so no particular routine to change! I have a walking friend and we change our walking time to the morning when it is a bit cooler.  Not a big change.  

I take my stitching outside as much as possible in the warm weather.  I love being outside!  Well, I love being outside when the weather is warm.  Our weather can be most unpleasant in the winter. 

I like poetry.  I recently read this poem by Langston Hughes.  

 

The Dream Keeper

Bring me all of your dreams, 
You dreamers. 
Bring me all of your 
Heart melodies
That I may wrap them 
In a blue cloud-cloth
Away from the too rough fingers
Of the world. 


Poets are magicians with words.  I am still looking for any book by David Whyte.  I know I could order one from amazon but I don't want to.  For some reason, I just want to find one of his books at a thrift store or free little library.  That will add to the magic of his words in my mind!

Comments

My walking friends and I try to meet early in the morning for walking here in the summer, too. Evenings can be nice when it's starting to cool off, too. That is a great poem! Good luck finding the book you're looking for.
LA Paylor said…
oh the poem touches my soft center
protect from the rough fingers of life...
LeeAnna

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

I heart Macro

I heart Photography