Freeform crochet


I read about the Coral Reef project and saw a TED talk about it and it got me interested in crochet again.  I learned to crochet as a young girl.  I never really made much with crochet, a baby or two.  I always enjoyed keeping my hands busy though.  I am excited to create more artistic forms with it now that I have learned about hyperbolic crochet and freeform crochect.  So fun.  Pictured above you can see my humble beginnings.  The white piece twirls and curls in on itself and I REALLY like that.  I am keen to experiment with it more.  One thing I have learned so far is that the funky yarns don't work all that great.  I think I need to stick with the plain jane type yarn for now.  At least until I learn a bit more.

Comments

Suztats said…
Looks so fun! I am trying to teach myself crochet in my 'spare' time, and I'm enjoying it so far. Keep playing.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday