Work in Progress Wednesday

My stitch a day project for April is french knots.  I am stitching them onto fabric I created with painted fusible web.  I have my favorite tree drawn onto the fabric and plan to fill it in with three colors of green floss.  I think it will look interesting when I am finished.  I am trying to analyze why I am not enjoying it so much.  It is not the repetition of the same stitch.  I quite like making french knots.  Possibly, it is because there is no room for spontaneity, I have already made all the decisions.
I am linking with
http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.ca/
http://www.supermomnocape.com/vintage-embroidery-monday-stitchery-link-party-105/

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
See, it is not only quotes, but doing the same thing over and over again, that brings ut the philosopher in us!
I guess, when we stitch something in 'autopilot' we can spend a lot of time and concentration on other things. Sitting hell-bent over a complex cross stitch pattern, we need use every ounce of concentration on the chart. Stitching stitch-as-you-go you will need to make decisions about the next move all the time.
Maybe you can enjoy adding French Knots by the gross, if you plan your next project at the same time, work out the dinner menu, or draw up a draft for that letter you have to write...
SuperMomNoCape said…
It's going to be interesting to see this develop. And I have to admire your patience. French knots are not a favorite of mine.

Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday