Work in Progress Wednesday

This landscape quilt needs to be finished.  I have had worked on it on and off for years.  Parts of it I like a lot.  Other parts not so much and those are the parts that are keeping me from finishing this.  The waterfall needs some sparkly threads (there are a couple but quite hard to see) and beads, that's easy.  The tree on the right, well the whole right side of this quilt is not quite right.  I am almost tempted to slice it off but then the proportions would be wrong.  I would love to get this done so I can include it in my trunk show.  Any advice?
I am linking with
http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.ca/
http://www.supermomnocape.com/vintage-embroidery-monday-stitchery-link-party-106/
http://quiltfabrication.blogspot.ca/
https://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.ca/

Comments

Susan said…
Hmm, that's a tough one. I agree you need sparkly thin yarn in the waterfall, but the tree is a tough one. The background of yellow throws me off. Is it possible to either applique or stitch over that to add more definition to the tree branches? There's a gal in Instagram I follow that does this kind of work, Sewbeait. Looking at her work may inspire you. Hope you find a solution to finish this. Thanks for sharing!
Queeniepatch said…
The waterfall is great and will be greater still with more sparkly stitches and beads.
As for the tree, how about working some undergrowth near its trunk, maybe with some contrasting colours?
Would adding a large rock by the tree help. It would add color and break up the right side a bit.
Look forward to seeing the finished quilt.
In stitches
Annette
SuperMomNoCape said…
I'm wondering if you could possibly turn the yellow areas into some kind of tropical flowers to make it look like the flowers are cascading down, just as the water is. Maybe beaded flowers of some sort??

Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday