The challenge this week was to paint with Q-tips. Fun! My butterfly turned out a bit wonky but I love this page. The quote I used says 'Joy comes not through possession or ownership but through a wise and lovely heart.' Buddha
Wasn't Buddha known for not having anything, haven given all his wealth and worldly possessions up to live on 'nothing'? Didn't he sit and see the river flow by, and under a tree, and ate only one grain of rice a day...? I think it is easy to find joy in not owning anything if you HAVE HAD a lot and got fed up with it and voluntarily given it up. For those who have very little to start with, longing for possessions and wealth is understandable. Why should there not be joy in dreaming about winning the lottery or owning a flashy car/ comfortable house/ diamond ring/ filtered water/ comfortable shoes or whatever you value more than anything? Then again there is no guarantee that once you have that car or ring you will find joy. On the other hand having worked hard at getting it, you might really value it and dance with joy. Thank you for letting me take a walk along 'Philosopher's lane' again!
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog! It means so much to me and I truly appreciate it! Whenever possible I reply to comments. warm regards Angela Princess Bubbles
Hmm, now I am wondering if this piece needs more beads. I was thinking it is finished. I don't like to dither but deciding when something is finished can be a challenge for me. I am not loving this piece at the moment. I doesn't make me say 'oh wow' but I am not sure what I would add to it.
I have felt the need to play with very bright and vibrant colours of late. This mandala I made a few years ago but it was calling to me again. I have been loading it up with stitches to add texture. I realize these brights aren't everyone's taste. Since I am making it for me, I am not about to worry about what other people like or don't like. Playing in this field of colour makes me happy! I am linking to https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/ Happy Mother's Day!
Here are some more bright and cheerful flowers. These flowers are such a fun playground for me. I can think of numerous ways I want to use them. It is a good thing I have a plethora of scraps for making them. The possibilities are truly endless! It looks like it is going to be a lovely day. I am imagining enjoying some stitching outside this afternoon. The weather looks perfect for it. I am linking to https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/
This creation gives me JOY!
ReplyDeleteWasn't Buddha known for not having anything, haven given all his wealth and worldly possessions up to live on 'nothing'? Didn't he sit and see the river flow by, and under a tree, and ate only one grain of rice a day...? I think it is easy to find joy in not owning anything if you HAVE HAD a lot and got fed up with it and voluntarily given it up. For those who have very little to start with, longing for possessions and wealth is understandable. Why should there not be joy in dreaming about winning the lottery or owning a flashy car/ comfortable house/ diamond ring/ filtered water/ comfortable shoes or whatever you value more than anything? Then again there is no guarantee that once you have that car or ring you will find joy. On the other hand having worked hard at getting it, you might really value it and dance with joy.
Thank you for letting me take a walk along 'Philosopher's lane' again!
Very nice! Love the butterfly!
ReplyDelete