May Bead Journal

There is not loads of beading on this piece but there is enough.  The hand dyed doily is the star of this show.  While working on this piece I had a number of people ask if it was going to be a pillow.  I guess it is about the right size for a pillow but it kind of made me feel bad.  I think of it as art and want to hang it on a wall.  Does it really matter that someone else thought of it more as craft/ a pillow?  It shouldn't matter to me.  Ultimately, I made it for the sheer joy of creating whether it be art or craft.
I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Quilter Kathy said…
It is whatever you created it to be! Love the colours you used! Enjoy your stitches!
Queeniepatch said…
I agree, the lacy doily is the star so don't hide it underneath too many beads.
My grandmother had a round cushion on her sofa. The cushion was dark red and had a cover of a crocheted black 'doily'. I must admit I think of granny's cushion whenever I see a doily (the real doilies she had on tables always had a vase, a bowl or some ornament on them; they were difficult to see).
I think you should proudly display your art on the wall!
Kim said…
Oh my, this is beautiful. I agree with you, this gorgeous work of art should be hanging proudly on the wall, beautifully framed, for all to see, appreciate and enjoy.
CathieJ said…
All handwork is art. This is gorgeous. Your fellow crafting bloggers know its worth. Often non-crafters don't understand don't appreciate the talent and hard work that goes into our creations.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday