Slow Stitching Sunday


 I am going to try a whole cloth crazy quilt again.  The gorgeous silk I tried with my first one was just too flimsy.   I have gone to the opposite end of the spectrum with this one.  I am using some sturdy black wool.  I have basted on a small mandala.  I am excited to start embroidering the 'seams'.  

It is my birthday this week and I ordered some beautiful threads to celebrate.  I deserve a little treat to brighten my spirits.  Lockdown is really getting old.  I think I will wait until the threads arrive so I can use them on this piece.

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/


Comments

Kim said…
Ooh....how exciting, Angela. I can only imagine where your imagination will take you with this new whole cloth crazy quilt. This is going to be such fun to see what you dream up. I am sorry you are still in lockdown. Hopefully your new threads will put a smile in your day when they arrive. May your birthday be a beautiful one, lovely lady. Happy, Happy Birthday to you❣
Sarah Aldrich said…
I love fancy threads. I crazy quilt and make ornaments. I have lots of lovely thread.
Karrin Hurd said…
What a great project to work on! Hope you have a wonderful birthday even though you are still in lockdown.
Queeniepatch said…
This is a great technique, and I love the mandala, so many details can be seen in an enlarged version. A sturdy foundation will carry the weight of beads and 'bling' that you put on.
Happy Birthday, the lockdown is NO fun, but when a birthday falls within it, you can be sure that you will remember it as a special day. Good of you to treat yourself to some beautiful threads.
Many Happy Returns of the Day.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday