Stitched Mandala


 This stitched mandala is finished.  I did not add a lot of beading to it as it already had a lot going on.  That does make for a quicker finish!  I have yet to tire of working with the circle shape.  I have ordered a bunch of embroidery hoops and will have o problem filling them.  Sometimes I feel it is a bit self-indulgent to keep making this work.  What is the point?  Will it ever be seen by anyone other than blog followers and my family?  Does that really matter?  What if I am making it for my own pleasure and mine alone?  Does that make it selfish?  I believe I am a better person due to my art-making.  Does that not add goodness to the world if even in the smallest of ways?

I am linking to

http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Comments

Hi Angela, I believe that you should make what makes you happy...and a happy you helps make the world a better place :-) I imagine that not beading the mandala would certainly make it faster to make. It's lovely. Take care.
Queeniepatch said…
It is true that we can not eat or drink art, it can not protect us from natural disasters, the pest or war. Of course we need food, we need water, we need safe and sturdy bridges, medicine and diplomatic solutions to our disputes....
However, how dull would not life be without exciting matches for the sports fans, without music or fantastic pieces of art to look at.

Creating art is a great source of energy and enjoyment, looking at art is equally important for our well-being.

Angela, you HAVE to go on. Also remember that if there is no audience today, there might be people forming longs queues to see our work in the future.
Look at all those threadbare, motheathen and torn-to.pieces quilts that attract crowds of people to museums and quilt shows.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday