Glass Art




 I love beautiful glass.  The work of Dale Chihuly absolutely amazes me.  I am one of those people that will jump right into something if it appeals to me but glass is intimidating.  Working with an open flame seems a bit scary.  Instead, I have collected beautiful glass over the years.  I have a lovely collection in one of my studio windows.  It makes me happy.

The garden in my front yard does not get much sun and not much grows there.  Every year I have planted and every year the flowers are mostly dead by July.  This year I decided not to waste the money.  I decided to make a glass totem and fill my garden with art instead.   You can see the totem in the top photo along with some painted rocks.  

The next two photos are some 'flowers' I have created.  I have yet to devise a stem for them.  The stem will need to be quite robust as the glass is fairly heavy.

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
There is no end to your creativity!
Yes, a good idea to use parts of glass and joining them together into art.
Also smart to let glass grow in your garden where flowers will not.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday