Slow Stitching Sunday


 I am nearing the finish line on this project.  I do love a good finish.  My granddaughter was here for a couple of days this past week and she was looking very closely at this piece.  She told me a couple of things.  She really doesn't like the fabric base.  I wasn't surprised, I don't really love it either.  It is a lovely piece of silk that was gifted to me but not my typical colour choice.  I decided to use it for this project because I knew very little of it would actually be seen.  The tiny bits that are seen aren't a big issue.

Secondly, she told me she is keen to learn how to stitch.  I told her when she turns five we can start with a big plastic needle that I have.  She was pretty happy with that.  It will be fun to teach her to stitch.  

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Karrin Hurd said…
Beautiful piece, I so love the encrusted look and the beautiful colors! You do gorgeous work Angela!
Miaismine said…
I love that project you are working on! It's very interesting and beautiful!
I love all the circles in this one - buttons and beads and stitches! Your granddaughter sounds very savvy for not quite 5! So lovely that she wants to learn how to sew.
Kim said…
Hurry up 5th birthday! =) Don't you love what pours out of the mouth of babes? As you say, the base fabric won't be an issue as it is covered with all that gorgeousness! This piece is such a joyous delight to the eyes. As the eyes skip from each exquisite pretty to the other, they smile with happiness. Truly, Angela, every little embroidered stitch, bead, button, jewel......combines to form a piece of great beauty. I love how they all jostle for space to be seen. Just exquisite!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday