I Show Up


 Pardon my self-reflection but I have a milestone birthday coming.  It seems appropriate to celebrate the things that I do right.  I will keep them to specifically art-related things.  

I regularly show up for my art practice.  Rarely does a day go by that I do not exercise my creative wings.  Yes, there are times when I think why bother?  What's the point?  Well, the answer to that is that creativity must come out.  If it doesn't I get cranky.  That is never good.

I am a generous artist.  I regularly share my knowledge and supplies.  I am downright eager to help any artist on their creative path.  

I am a positive artist.  Nothing dark and brooding here.  I want people to be inspired, hopeful, and filled with joy when they look at my art.  Obviously, I can't control how people respond to my work and that is fine.  My intentions are good.

I am a successful artist.  My work has been in many shows and publications.  I have earned some money from my art.  I wish money and success weren't so closely related.  Money isn't super important to me but it is validating and necessary.  

I would have loved to have come up with a longer list but I am not willing to sit here all day thinking about it!



Comments

Queeniepatch said…
Many Happy Returns of the Day!
From time to time it is essentials to reflect on one's work and a milestone birthday is a perfect opportunity. You have made a list of your many good qualities.
However you have missed out some: you are persistent and won't give up easily, instead you can step back and ponder about what more to do with a work in progress. You are colour confidence and always add interest with tones and shades, you are multi talented and can make installations, paint out-door tables, create meditative mandalas, romantic journals, glas objects for the garden and so many other things.
I truly hope you will have many happy returns of the day, and many, many more days of joyful creativity.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday