Slow Stitching Sunday


 We have had a glorious week of warmth and sunshine.  I have taken every opportunity to sit outside and stitch.  Listening to the birds sing while I stitch is idyllic.  Simple pleasures are not lost on me!  This mandala feels slow or maybe even plodding.  I think the problem is that I allowed myself to have too many pieces on the go at one time.  There are seven in the works at the moment.  Usually, I work on  1 or 2, possibly 3 at a time.  That works better for me.  I will not start any new projects until I get some of these mandalas finished.  This one definitely needs some sparkle added to it!

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/  

Comments

You must have attention deficit sewing disorder…a common ailment which you share with me and many others!
I have come to the same conclusion about the number of WiPs - too many both stresses me out and means nothing gets enough attention. I work best with no more than 5 or 6 needlework projects in a mix of historic, modern and pictorial styles. What I do is work for 10 hours on one, then swap out until I've worked on all of them. But I like a fairly rigid schedule for most things, which I'm not sure would work for you. Everyone needs to find their own "WiP level", I think. I know I couldn't have WiPs in the double digits like some people on FlossTube!
AnnieO said…
Inspiration is hard to resist when you have a color combo you want to try or a new stitch! Looking very pretty with all the jewel tones.
I'm having the same trouble with my quilting projects and am trying really hard concentrating on one at a time to help clear the bins, boxes, and baggies :)
Queeniepatch said…
I agree with Karla, we all need to find our own personal WIP levels.
This mandala must have taken time because there is so much detailed stitching. The lager the stitch the faster it usually goes!
Yes, finishing off some of your WIPs will make it easier to progress.
Enjoy the beautiful weather. We are moving into the rainy season in Tokyo. NOT a time to sit outside and stitch!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday