Slow Stitching Sunday


 I haven't posted about this mandala since the beginning of June.  Sometimes the next step takes a while to show itself to me!  That is why I like to have more than one on the go at a time.  I like being able to work on something else.  Do nothing would not work for me.  If stitching ideas aren't coming then I will play in a journal or whatever.  The creativity simply must come out in one form or another.  I think if I were to waste my time waiting for the right ideas the creativity would dry up.  The more I do the more I have!

This mandala is rather bold and chunky.  I love bold and chunky!  I have added some paper quilled pieces, still one more to go.  It is bit fiddly to stitch these down but I like the way they look.  I enjoy bringing paper into my stitching world.  I am not exactly sure what the next step will be for this mandala.  I do think that it will involve seed beads though.  I feel like some smaller details are needed.

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Linda said…
The mandala is lovely. I'm visiting from Slow Sunday Stitching.
That's a pretty one, Angela! I like the chunkiness of it, too, but also the pretty fabric you're stitching on. It glows!
Karrin Hurd said…
Beautiful mandala. I like the chunky look too!
CathieJ said…
I like the quilled pieces that you have added to this mandala.
Kim said…
I too, love this new "bold and chunky" mandala of yours, Angela. I wouldn't have thought to add quill paper but what a fabulous idea. So totally agree with your thoughts of not sitting around waiting for creative ideas to spark. The more you imagine and create the more the thoughts flow.
Queeniepatch said…
I agree, that a few smaller items would be good to add balance.

I also agree with you that if we give up on working our creativity would shrivel up, so keep at it in any form.
Very colourful! I also have lots of projects on the go at any one time.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday