Slow Stitching Sunday


 I have started adding motifs to this whole cloth crazy quilt.  I don't recall ever adding motifs to any of my crazy quilts in the past.  So this is a bit of a challenge for me.  I definitely enjoy a challenge and learning new things.  I am going to stay with subjects from nature.  So far none of them are finished.  Since it is snowing outside today I feel the need to add a snowflake or two.  It should be a relaxing afternoon of stitching and staying cosy.  The house was busy with children and grandchildren yesterday so a quiet day will feel good today!

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Sarah said…
Ooh looking good Angela! Snow! I had to look at your profile to see where you live.
Karrin Hurd said…
Your whole cloth piece is coming along beautifully. Happy stitching!
On my grandma's crazy quilt, there were embroidery elements over the seams, embroidered on the ground fabrics and embroidered on applique patches applied right over the top of other elements. I think crazy quilts are pretty much an 'anything goes' kind of thing. And yours is lovely.
How nice to have your house busy with the family...the best isn't it.
Very nice stitching too. Happy Slow Stitching!
Kim said…
I like the thought of adding motifs to your whole cloth crazy quilt. All those trails of embroidery stitches are looking lovely. It sounds as if you are going to have the perfect Sunday afternoon cosying down and enjoying a little stitching. Enjoy!
That's a pretty snowflake, and I love it on the pink background! Sounds like you have had the best of both worlds - a busy, family day, and a quiet stitching day!
Quilter Kathy said…
Beautiful! Maybe a squirrel will hop on there?!?!
Enjoy the peace and quiet!
CathieJ said…
Enjoy your relaxing stitching. I like the idea of the nature motifs.
Queeniepatch said…
In antique crazy quilts, we often see plain fabric that has been embellished with embroidery motifs. In the crazy quilts, we make today I think we tend to use a lot of printed fabric so the need to fill a void is not the same.
Having a theme, in your case nature, is great. This will be a beautiful whole cloth quilt.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday