Women's Work


 This small quilt is a celebration and redemption of women's work.  Over the years I have collected many beautiful doilies and some quilts that were not so beautiful.  I hand-dyed the quilt and the doilies.  I have hand-stitched all the doilies onto the quilt using silver thread.  Now what?  I might add more silver thread stitching.  I might turn one of the doilies into a mandala.  I could do both.  Maybe another doily or two.  So many options I need to ponder. 

I am linking to

http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
You have already reached a great stage.
I L O V E the colours!
Margaret said…
What a lovely creation! I look forward to seeing where it takes you.
What a tribute to timeless treasures!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday