I Like

This is the first thing you see inside the altered book I posted about yesterday.  The large spool on the left flips down and there is another spool behind it as well as some sewing ephemera.  The beautiful stitching on the right was gifted to me.  It is silk, I believe and slightly damaged but still pretty.  I so enjoy creating altered books and journals and artist books and...

LeeAnna has asked

facing a turning of the calendar page, and a new year stretching out in
front of us, is there anything you'd like to try or to learn this coming
year? Some new art technique? A new hobby to try? A place to visit? a
challenge to face?

I am not one to wait for the New Year to start something new.  I am a curious person and if something new comes across my path I jump right in.  Why wait?  I have been on this arts and crafts path most of my life so there isn't a lot new.  I am sure I can still learn new things but there is nothing imminent.  

My sons and their families will be here on New Year's Day so that we can do our own Christmas celebration.  The holidays are busy with extended family.  This is the second year that we have celebrated on New Year's day instead.  It honestly doesn't matter what day we are together.  As long as we can be together.

I am linking to 

Comments

Angie said…
Angela - I agree with you that the day for a celebration does not matter - it is time with family that matters! So, enjoy your family gathering this weekend, and Happy New Year!
Happy New Year celebration to you and your family, Angela! Your altered book has some beautiful stitching in it. Looks very enjoyable to work with!
Tom said…
...as I roll into the new year, I will try to do those things that I do better!
PaintedThread said…
We've been known to celebrate holidays on other than the holiday. Doesn't matter when, as long as everyone gets together. :-) Have a good time!
Queeniepatch said…
I think a person who has several projects on the go, does not need to plan for new things, especially not at New Year. When a new idea or a chance to participate in something interesting come along, we jump in.
Wishing you many creative days in 2023.
Su-sieee! Mac said…
Very cool altered book! Cheers to 2023!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday