I Like






LeeAnna says
music soothes the harried season!

tell us your favorite songs.... and especially fave albums/discs or
youtube videos... are there any songs you do not like? Do any songs
bring up memories of times from the past? What songs do you know by
heart? Do you attend any musical theatrical events each year or do you
remember one that was wonderful? Did you ever participate in holiday
shows?  Tell us a little about you....

I LOVE the Michael Buble Christmas album.  I usually listen to it while wrapping presents.  I also love the music from Vince Guaraldi.  He did the music for the Charlie Brown Christmas show.  I so love the way Snoopy dances to that music.  It makes me happy.

Musical theatre is a big yes!  Before kids, my DH and I always went to see something at Christmas. I will never forget the year we went to see Handel's Messiah and DH fell asleep!  I think we were in the front row so it would have been pretty obvious to the choir.  ugh!  We have seen the Nutcracker Ballet a few times.  In the last number of years, a Canadianized version has been making the rounds.  It has a lumberjack instead of a Nutcracker.  It isn't nearly as pretty as the classic version.  I only know about it because I worked at the theatre for a while.  I would never pay to see it.  Does that make me a bad Canadian?  I don't think I care.  

My family used to be very involved in an outdoor Christmas pageant with live animals.  It was a huge production and very well attended.  I helped paint the backdrops.  DH and the boys helped build the set. Two of our sons usually had a role in it as a soldier or sometimes Joseph.  I was also a greeter or helped with the food.  I think we all have fond memories of that.

Comments

I was just sharing memories with my cousin. I love Silver Bells best and my cousin remembers that I played it on the piano. I should get the music out and play it again! Happy holidays!
I think my DH would fall asleep at a performance of the Messiah, too. Oh well. The lumberjack instead of a nutcracker sounds fun, and the outdoor pageant, too! Our holiday activities definitely change as the kids grow up, don't they?
Queeniepatch said…
So we listen to the same music! I have the Michael Buble album, too. I also like listening to international Christmas songs, White Christmas in Swedish or Jingle Bells in Japanese and so on.
This is a time to enjoy Christmas cheer.
Angie said…
Angela - joining you from I Like Thursday today! It is hard for me to choose a favorite Christmas song, but I am a huge fan of Pentatonix - their rendition of "Mary Did You Know" would be near the top of the list. I am also a traditionalist and love anything by Nat King Cole and Andy Williams. I have been to the Nutcracker a few times and still love it. Choral Christmas concerts are always a joy. My husband is from the UK, and there it is a Christmas tradition to go to "pantomimes". So much fun with young children!
LA Paylor said…
what a truly entertaining post!!! lol at falling asleep at a production, in the front row. I bet there are actors even now who bring that up as a dinner story. I visited NYC with my then boyfriend to meet his friends and family. We attended a chorus line, and his friend's wife fell hard asleep. I was enthralled and surprised but she was in early pregnancy so...
I was a part of many a production too, so we have that in common. LeeAnna

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday