Slow Stitching Sunday

 

This is my piece for the Bright Challenge with San Fransisco School of Needlework.  I often participate in their challenges and enjoy them.  The theme of bright is definitely in my wheelhouse.  The under water theme works well with brights.  I am enjoying using some of my hand dyed threads on this project.  I have stitched under water themes a number of times and never tire of it.  There are always new ideas and the textures created can so interesting.  

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Quilter Kathy said…
This might be my favourite Angela piece so far! I love the various textures you have created!
Sarah said…
I agree you can go wild with under water theme. Looking great!
Love the brights stitched on the black background! That is really appealing to me. Makes me wonder if I could stitch something like that, freehand without a traced design. You're inspiring me to try it!
Sue Daurio said…
that is beautiful and very striking on the black.
Such vibrant colours and interesting textures in this piece. It does look like it’s under the sea!
CathieJ said…
Very pretty. I love the various motifs that you stitched in those gorgeous colors.
Queeniepatch said…
This underwater scene must be a tropical coral reef full of exotic fish. Beautiful, and colourful!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday