Work in Progress Wednesday


 I have started working on my word of the month journal page for December.  Yay for me!  I stuck to this challenge for the whole year.  This page is a bit busy so the word is a little hard to see.  In the upper left, I have started the word harmony.  I am using Sadi which is used in gold work.  I have had this stuff for quite and while and never tried it.  I find it rather difficult.  It is so very fragile, unexpectedly so.  I am okay with the imperfection.  This is the first try after all.  I always learn from my experimentation and that is a good thing.  I am willing to try new things and post about them.  Some people are not willing to be that vulnerable but I am.  I hope it makes me more relatable!  I hope it helps to make others brave!


Comments

Queeniepatch said…
I think all Goldwork supplies are difficult to use, especially if you want them to have the 'perfect' Goldwork look, which of course is - perfect.
However, a creative artist like your would experiment and use Sadi in a different way. I think it would look good as Seed Stitch or pieces from a broken watch.
Every material can look good in the right environment. On a page of an altered book, where text is scattered, 'imperfect' writing looks just right.
Helen said…
Being okay with imperfection is the best goal. Why is that so hard for us sometimes?

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday