I Like

Lee Anna shared these questions with us this week.

this week we're talking about if or how we make lists. What kinds of things do you keep lists of? Do you like a list?


Might you have one notebook like my sister did, with daily lists in it, and she carried it with her on errands. She flipped the page each day. Do you write notes on scrap paper  and throw it away when done? Do you have a computer spread sheet ? I do of quilts made, size, when finished, etc?


Well, who knew there were so many questions about lists?  I am a big list-maker.  It is so satisfying to cross things off my list.  Plus, if I put something on my list there is a 99% likelihood that it is going to get done that day.  I have kept journals/notebooks with my lists in them.  I have also used scrap paper and then thrown out the list when it is done.  I have lists of shows and movies I want to watch.  I have lists of words I want to use in my art.  I have lists of things I want to do in the future.  Lists of where I want to travel.  Yep, I like lists.  Old-fashioned handwritten lists, no spreadsheets for this lady.  I could go on with lists I keep.  A list of lists!

I have said this before but I like teaching my sweet seniors.  Pictured above is a collaboration I had them do.  The fish shape is a tessellation and I had them each colour/decorate two of them.  They were so pleased with the way it turned out.  They were absolutely buzzing with excitement to find a place to hang it so that everyone could see their work.  Love it!  We will definitely work on a tessellation collaboration again.  I think they did a fabulous job.

I like good weather.  Who doesn't?  This winter has been pretty mild so far.  Hardly any snow.  However today they are predicting freezing rain which is so miserable.  I hope I can get to my seniors this afternoon.


Comments

Linda said…
Looks like most of us like lists! Do you work with seniors at an assisted living place?
Your fish tesselation is wonderful! I love the shapes and color. I bet your senior artists love when you come for a class! Hope you don't get the freezing rain - that stuff is scary!
Queeniepatch said…
I have many lists. Some of them are on slips of paper, on the scribble notepad, in journals or in plastic folders, but most of them are in my head, is that a mental spreadsheet?

The shoal of fish is fabulous! Well done, teacher.
Angie said…
Angela - thanks for your visit to my blog! What a coincidence that you should show a picture of a tesselation! My best friend and neighbor is doing a tesselation project with fifth-graders at one of the local schools. I knew nothing about Escher or tesselations until she started telling me about it! Hope the weather didn't keep you from your seniors!
PaintedThread said…
The fish are great. What a fun project. Yay for good weather and lists! LOL
LA Paylor said…
I am loving seeing the kinds of things people keep lists of... and how they use them
I read if you write things down it's like a commitment to doing them and greatly increases the chances of accomplishment. You're proof. I relate to your love of the connection between your seniors and you.... I miss teaching...
LeeAnna
Su-sieee! Mac said…
I’d want that art piece on display, too. It’s beautiful!
Helen said…
I'm chuckling about 99% chance it will get done if it's on a list... because there's about a 1% chance it will get done if it's not on a list. Right!?

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday