Work in Progress Wednesday


 There is a fair amount of stitching on this piece.  Most of it is not very noticeable.  The red x's on the right side that are noticeable are bothering me a bit.  There aren't that many so I could pick them out.  I think the problem is I used too many plies of the thread.  I haven't quite decided if it needs more stitching.  I also need to figure out how to finish this piece.  That is always a thing for me.  If I learned how to do a regular quilt binding that would probably make things easier for me.  Except that straight lines aren't really my friend.

I had fireworks in mind when I was painting this cloth.  Now I am seeing something else in it.  I think it is really cool that you can see more than one thing in a piece of abstract art.  

The blues look rather grey in this photo.  Not a fan.  

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
The whole point with abstract art is that you have the freedom to see what you want!
If you want to try some unusual quilting, you could use Lazy Daisy Stitch (or indeed any detached stitch). After you have made a single Chain Stitch, let the thread travel inside the wadding to the next place you want to add a quilting stitch.
I love the colours in your painting.
What a nice work of art. It's neat to watch something change as you work on it! Enjoy!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday