Work in Progress Wednesday

 

I have a few purchased journals/sketch books that are full/finished but need a cover that is pretty.  I found an interesting but not successful print to embellish with stitch for one of those journals. While looking for that print I came across this stitched silk.  Sorry for the wrinkles.  I am pondering how I can use it for a mandala journal.  The stitching was done in a circle so that works nicely.  

Possibly cutting out the circle and then applying it to a larger piece of fabric would work.  I used some gorgeous silk thread that a friend gifted me for the stitching on this piece.  It might be good to dig out that thread to use for that application.  Hmm, I wonder that thread is.  It might be fun to spend some time looking for it.  It is a very snowy day so looking at my beautiful threads is very appealing!

Comments

Queeniepatch said…
This makes me think of the icy surface of a skating rink after the figure skaters have gone home.
Linda said…
That is a gorgeous piece of silk. I looked at journals and finally just got a utilitarian 5-subject small spiral. It needs a cover, so thanks for the inspiration!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday