I Like

LeeAnna has asked
 For February 2 2023:

how do you feel about the Panetone color of the year magenta? Color has vibration and can inspire feelings. People respond to or are repelled by certain colors. I went to a workshop on color vibration and what it means if you're attracted to a certain color range. So for today, how do you respond to the color magenta as described by Panetone?


Yep, love magenta.  I used Liquitex magenta on this journal page.  I am getting close to the end of the tube so will need to restock.  Ultimately, I think I like all colours as they all have their place/use.  I wouldn't decorate with orange, nor do I wear it but I do use it in my art.   Maybe I am still traumatized by the burnt orange carpet my Mom used to decorate our living room when I was a child.  ugh!!!

I like keeping an art journal.  It is such a marvellous playground for this artist.  I suppose I have created thousands of journal pages.  Most of which no one will ever see.  They are just for me and my pleasure.  It feels self-indulgent and yes, I deserve it!  My journal pages are a place where I wonder.  I wonder what would happen if I mix this with that?  What if I add this colour?  What if I let myself free to just make a mess?

The journal pictured above is a lined Moleskine journal.  Sometimes I use the lines to write on.  Mostly I am happy to have the lines.  I feel like the lines have already made the page imperfect.  I try to resist covering them over completely and I relax into the process.  

Thinking about imperfection seems to be a running theme in my life.  I am drawn to it.  I still have the Barbie with the broken leg and bad haircut.   Not surprisingly my granddaughter refuses to play with her.  This doll has always been my favourite.  I enjoyed taking care of her when I was a child. Recently, I have been trying to think of a way to use her in my art.  

I have purposefully used damaged doilies to create textile mandalas.  I have spent many hours in auto-wrecking yards photographing rust and peeling paint.  What does that all say about me?  


Comments

I love how you used magenta on your journal page - it really draws the eye! And such a good point about using colors in our craft that we wouldn't decorate with or wear. I do it all the time! Happy Thursday!
PaintedThread said…
Magenta in crafts is a good thing! I have a writing journal, not an art one, but yes, it's just for me. I can appreciate that with yours.
Marti said…
I think that is the reason I dislike orange too. My mother once made me an orange wool skirt that she made me wear with a black turtleneck and it wasn't Halloween. I remember the ridicule and the intense itching all day. I refused to ever wear it again, so she started wearing it. lol
LA Paylor said…
you see the world as full of art starts! I like that journal page, and think seeing your pages would be terrific. Show some to us. We had avocado green shag carpet when I was young.
The colors were burnt orange (ick) avocado green (ick) and harvest gold (ick) so I seldom use those today unless in a landscape.
LeeAnna

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday