I Like


 For February 9 2023

.. since it's so close to V-day let's think about what we like about Valentines day.

do you make a special cake or truffles for instance, or give cards, get cards, get chocolates, give gifts? Even if you don't have a mate you could send flowers to a best friend, or give a sweet heart necklace to your daughter, or call your mom...

It's about love and showing it.

If currently things aren't happy, then do you remember any previous V-day that you liked?  Anything you like about celebrating the love.


I like Valentine's Day well enough but I don't need to celebrate it.  My sweet hubby has taken me to some really expensive restaurants over the years.  I enjoyed the meal but never feel it was worth the big bucks.  I guess I am a bit of a cheapskate!  Honestly, one of my best memories of Valentine's Day was when our children were really young.  We didn't have much extra money so my sweet man made two dinners.  One for the kids to eat and watch a show.  One for us to enjoy alone in the dining room.  After the kids went to bed he built a fire in our wood stove which we hardly ever used.  It was a lovely evening sitting by the fire.  So simple.  I am pretty low maintenance.  We like to treat each well all year long not just on Feb. 14.

I don't do much else for Valentine's.   A very dear friend usually sends me a sweet old-fashioned card.  I really should reciprocate!  But, I probably won't.  I show her I love her in other ways.  

On another note, I like participating in challenges.  They push me out of my comfort zone and help me to learn new things.  I love learning new things.  Pictured above is a fractal I created using one of my kaleidoscope photos.  I created it for the prompt of infinity.  I think it works pretty well.  I used an online fractal creator so it was pretty simple.  I definitely want to play around with that some more!

Thank you LeeAnna for all the great questions and hosting I Like every Thursday.  May we all feel deeply loved.

Comments

LA Paylor said…
wowie your art is astounding!
your dream date sounds so good... and just because we show love all year doesn't mean we can't be extra on one day, right? I like your sentiment that you make sure to show your love all year and think about the little things we do without fanfare, that are done just out of love.
I have been so remiss in sending out cards, how special to get something like that in the mail. I have one friend that loves handwritten letters, I should send her one today in honor of our lifelong friendship! thanks for the idea
LeeAnna
There are so many things we can do for our special people every day of the year, not just on Valentine's Day, aren't there? I don't need an expensive restaurant meal either. Your guy sounds like a keeper! That is a fascinating photo!
Scrapatches said…
I am all for dinner at home and enjoying a cozy fire for Valentine's or any other day. Your fractal is amazing ... so eye catching. Thanks for sharing and stopping by to leave a kind word today ... :) Pat
PaintedThread said…
Sitting by the fire sounds like a wonderful way to spend Valentine's.
Linda said…
Your "fractal" is beautiful! You sound like me in the "cheapskate" department - lol! I really loved reading about your memories and your sweet dinners.
Queeniepatch said…
Your fractal reminds me of the bra art you used to make. Electric underwear!

St Valentine's Day was never celebrated in Sweden, and I guess not in Japan either, when I was young. It is in the last twenty years it has become a trend of giving red roses or chocolates.

Now I often bake a cake for everyone in the family to show how much I appreciate them.
Angie said…
Angela - fabulous art! And I admire you for pursuing challenges. I have to work hard to overcome fear of failure! Joining you from I Like Thursday.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday