Slow Stitching Sunday


 My clean-up cloth is becoming full of texture and colour.  Oh my gosh!  I am having so much fun with this!  Over the years I have saved the tiniest of scraps.  Beautiful silks that I can't bare to toss.  A piece of painted and burned felt that the dog ripped apart, lower left.  He made a very interesting shape.  Some hand-painted fabrics and interesting yarns have also been attached.  

Interesting embroidery stitches have been added.  I am using some of my hand-dyed threads.  Yum! It is all coming together but there is still a lot to do.  I have started picking out beads to add but must resist stitching them on just yet.  This is a giddy playground for my soul.  

When this is finished it will be attached to a box lid.  The box houses some collages I have made.  Well, I am still making them.  If you are really interested you can see some of the collages on Instagram.  @angelagrasse

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

 

Comments

Sarah said…
Definitely worth saving those precious scraps! It will make a great top for a box.
Lots of scrappy snippets in this piece. Enjoy your stitching
That is so pretty and interesting to look at! I bet it's even more fun in person. Enjoy your stitching today!
linda said…
This is fabulous, It just goes to show that you can always find a use for everything and don't throw anything away. You have a great talent for putting bits together like this, I'm looking forward to seeing it when its done.
Kim said…
Wow! Such a gorgeous piece of textile art! Love, love, love that even the dog contributed!
Queeniepatch said…
Both you and the dog must have had fun creating this piece of sparkling treasure! Yes, beads have to wait until the last stage. Difficult, but easiest, if you see what I mean!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday