Slow Stitching Sunday


 I am made a fair amount of progress on this piece since I last posted about it.  I feel like it still doesn't look like much at this point.  I have every confidence that it will all come together eventually though.  I have used lots of bits and pieces and the tiniest of precious silk scraps.  I have used some of my hand-dyed threads and textured yarns.  

I have been busy with my grandchildren the last few days so there has been no stitching time.  This afternoon is wide open though and I will happily add some more stitches to this piece.  I am eager to start adding beads but I must resist.  They will only be in the way and add frustration if I add them at this point.  

This will be a cover for a box that will house a set of collage cards I am making.  I only have five more collages to do to finish the set.  I then plan to use the collages as writing prompts.  Should be interesting.

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

I think this project has a beautiful look to it, Angela! Makes me think of an undersea scene with all the blues and designs that look like coral. Have a wonderful Sunday!
Quilter Kathy said…
That sounds like a fascinating project - a box cover that will hold collage cards for writing prompts... so much creativity in one place! Just the idea makes me happy! But then add your gorgeous stitching, texture, fibres, and brilliant colours... and beads are coming... it's a party!
Karrin Hurd said…
Beautiful piece, love your colors! Happy stitching!
Sarah said…
Lovely colours and textures. It's always great having the grandchildren but hopefully you got some stitching done!
Kim said…
This piece is alive with dancing pattern. So, so much delightful, visual interest to appreciate. How fun you have been hanging out with your grandchildren.
CathieJ said…
I like the colors and textures of this piece. I look forward to watching its progress.
Queeniepatch said…
I just love the colours and movements of this piece.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday