Lee Anna has posed these questions to us.

in recognition of father's day, do you have any particular memories to
share? This could be, and will be for me, a man who filled the role of
father for you in any way...  I have fond memories of my step father.
What about any likes about your own children if you have any, and a way
they honored your husband? Or if lacking any father like men in your
life, what would you like in a father?  We're looking for things we
liked about kind men in our lives.

My Dad loved to work with his hands.  He built the garage at our house.  He also built our cottage.  I remember him giving me a small set of tools when I was young.  I felt so grown up and was thrilled to be able to 'help' him build things. My Dad had his issues but I did feel loved by him.  I remember him reading the poem 
There was a little girl, 
she had a little curl, 
right in the middle of her forehead, 
and when she was good she was very very good, 
and when she was bad she was horrid.
By Longfellow
Okay, I just looked it up and there is a lot more to that poem.  Turns out I only had that first part memorized.  
I hope my Dad read that poem to me because I had curls and not because I was horrid!

My husband is a good man and a good father.  We will be celebrating him on Sunday with a barbecue as that is his wish.  We are simple people.  My sons are good fathers.  They have made comments in the last while that they feel time with their family is more important than money.  I couldn't agree more!

On another note, I love this time of year.  While walking with a friend this week I captured this bee pollinating some flowers.  Man, they are fast!  It was hard to get a good shot.  

Comments

Helen said…
Beautiful purple flowers. I'm trying to teach my granddaughter that bees are the flower's friends and our friends... not something to be frightened of.
I remember that poem! I bet my dad recited it, too. Such a fun memory! Love your flower photo, too.
PaintedThread said…
I remember that poem. Not sure if I had any curls.... LOL I loved building things with my dad, too. :-)
Nice memories! You must be so proud of your sons. I love the picture you took. Hope your sons and husband have a great Father's Day!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday