Slow Stitching Sunday


 Working on another wool mandala.  It is a pleasure to have the wool on my lap now that the weather has turned colder.  I started this project back in the summer and didn't enjoy working on it so much then.  I wonder if I can complete this project this winter.  There are fifteen wool mandalas to do.  It doesn't seem likely that I will.  I could be wrong.  I don't want to put any undue pressure on myself.  There is no deadline.  The spring might be cool enough to continue working on it.  

My but I do jump into the future.  Slow stitching really helps me to be present.  I am so grateful that stitching is such a balm for my soul.  We all need to have something that does that for us.  

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

A Cozy wool project is perfect for cooler weather!
Those are pretty colors for your mandala! Are you planning another show with a wool series? That will give you plenty of stitching to do!
Quilter Kathy said…
I haven't yet stitched on wool - maybe some day. How large is your starting circle? Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!
Sarah said…
Love the background wool for your mandala!
Karrin Hurd said…
Great piece! My mind is always jumping around to a new project to work on. I think I have quilters ADD! Pretty soon I will be able to show the CQ I am working on.
Queeniepatch said…
Do you mean that you feel stressed when you think about the future? As you know there is no pressure or deadline so thinking about the future, dreaming about it and planning for it is not the same as I HAVE TO DO IT. Dream about what you can do in spring, but feel free to drop the plan whenever you want.
CathieJ said…
I love that wook fabric. Enjoy your stitching.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September