I Like


I love learning about my blogging friends who participate in I Like posts every Thursday.  LeeAnna hosts a lovely group.  This week we are talking about:

Unwrapping gifts on Xmas Eve or Xmas morning?

do you prefer Christmas or New years? Do you have a usual way to spend NYE and or NYDay?


We unwrap gifts on Christmas Eve and when we get together for our family Christmas.  When the boys were teenagers we started a new tradition of giving pajamas on Christmas Eve.  It isn't the most exciting present but everyone enjoys it.  We are rarely together on Christmas morning.  I am happy to let my sons enjoy some separate family time with their kids.  Christmas is overly busy and hard on little kids.  We do our Christmas together sometime during the week when it works for everyone.  

I hate to sound like a Scrooge but I am not overly in love with either Christmas or New Year's. I prefer to give gifts when I find something that is perfect for someone.  No particular reason other than that I love them.  I love spending time with my family and I am so grateful that we can do that on a regular basis not just at the holidays.  

There aren't a lot of celebrations in life so I understand the need for these holidays.  We all can use more fun in our lives!  Simple and quiet is where I thrive and where my creativity flows.  

Merry Christmas to all!



Comments

I thrive on simple and quiet, too, Angela. It's wonderful to spend time with the family at any time of year - not just the holidays. Hope your Christmas weekend is just the way you like it this year!
Christmas is such a busy time! I prefer calm and quiet too. My kids are busy with their own significant others and it's hard to get everyone together. We just all do the best we can! Merry Christmas!!
Angie said…
I appreciate where you are coming from, and that is not being a Scrooge!

I wonder about families that put pressure on their adult kids to spend Christmas with them, especially when they have children of their own ...

Stay well, and let's see what 2024 has to bring!
LA Paylor said…
the way you share time on holidays makes a lot of sense... people with little kids need to stay in on the day so the kids aren't overstimulated... so humane!! and I read Iris Flavia (in the North pole ) on her blog today said she does the presets thing when she sees something no matter holidays, too.
just personally
I think life is hard, and I make a big deal out of special occasions to keep my spirits up and give me something to look forward to, but I totally get the other side of that coin! Now dh and I have no surprises for each other, we order things together, he checks in the boxes so he sees all of it. He was never good at occasions, but will give me the world if I ask for it.
LeeAnna
Queeniepatch said…
We spend so much time looking forward to and preparing for Christmas that when the actual time arrives we are exhausted and overwhelmed, leading to disappointment.
Enjoying each other's company should be anytime during the year, but it IS important to have something bright and joyful ahead to look forward to when winter is cold and dark.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday