Slow Stitching Sunday


 I have had a lot of stitching time this week.  Yay!  I made headway on a few projects.  That feels good.  This mandala has a wool base, a blanket I purchased and washed so that the wool would felt.  It is a pleasure to stitch into it.  

I have been going through my 'special' threads and using them.  I have stopped worrying about using them all up!  That is such a silly thing to be concerned about.  I am planning to use up as much as I can and enjoy it!

I did a bit of needle felting on this mandala.  The dark purple circle I felted with a single needle which was a bit slow going.  I found the single-felting needles while cleaning out a drawer.  I usually use a multi-needle punch which isn't always accurate.  I wanted this yarn to form a good circle so the single needle was the way to go.  

It is a snowy day here and my energy level is a bit low.  Perfect excuses for hunkering down on the couch with needle and thread.

I am linking to

Comments

Deb A said…
Beautiful stitchwork on your project. Enjoy your day.
Karrin Hurd said…
Lovely colors on this. I just went through all my fibers and stuff for needle felting and am going to donate them. I just don't get around to things like that anymore and it was taking up room in my closet. Happy stitching!
I love the blue center of this one with the star beads, Angela! The wool base looks soft and warm. Have a restful Sunday!
Kim said…
With all that frigid and extreme weather the northern hemisphere is getting of late, I'm not surprised you are feeling a bit low. I'd be lifeless. Another lovely piece you're working on. The felt would be lovely and soft to work on.
CathieJ said…
There are always more special threads that can be purchased if need be. I am in love with this particular mandala. All of your mandalas are beautiful, but this one makes me very happy. Probably the color choices.
Deb said…
Your Mandala is beautiful.
I like the wool blanket cloth you are using on this mandala. The felted circle is set off nicely by your embroidery.
LA Paylor said…
oh! you do the most interesting embroidery and beading. I like working on felt, and took a class in wet felting once. Bought an amount of roving at the sheep and wool fest after that
LeeAnna
Queeniepatch said…
Oh, wine red, one of my favourite colours!
Angie said…
I love the symmetry of this, Angela. Nice choice of colors and patterns!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday