Announcing my October workshops



Alcohol Ink Techniques     Saturday October 7, 10 am – noon

We are going to explore a number of different ways to play with alcohol inks.  You will create a stack of material to use in your greeting cards, art journals or collage.  Alcohol ink is very staining; you may wish to bring gloves to protect your manicure! 

Painted Paper with Painted Fusible Web    Friday October 12, 1pm-3pm
 Or Saturday October 13, 10 am – noon
This is a fun project with multiple layers of paint.  We will be experimenting with fusible web, Inktense pencils and acrylic paints.  This project can just as easily be done on fabric so if that is your preferred substrate let me know and I will have fabric available for you to use.  There are some really interesting collage possibilities with this workshop.
Mixed Media Printmaking   Friday October 19, 1pm-3pm
Or Saturday October 20, 10am – noon
We will be creating two printing plates.  We will also explore some unexpected materials for print.  A variety of substrates will be printed onto.  You will go home with plenty of fodder for your collage, journals, cards and stitching possibilities.
Embedded Fibres   Friday October 26, 1pm-3pm
Or Saturday October 27, 10am-noon
I am sure that I am not the only one who collects interesting yarns and fibres.  This workshop is a great way to use up some of that beautiful stash.  No, you don’t need to bring any of your collection to class.  I have more than enough to share!  A lovely project will be created.  This is a project that you can take home and add stitch to it or frame as is.  There is no sewing involved in creating this project.
 


All workshops are in my home
34 Rose St., Kitchener
Cost is $20.00 and all supplies are included unless stated otherwise.
Bring an apron or wear clothes that you don’t particularly care about ruining.  We are often working with acrylic paints and mediums.  They do not wash out of fabric.  Also, bring a notebook if you wish to take notes.  I do not do handouts.
Wear a tiara, fun hat, feather boa or anything else that celebrates being a fun woman.  Chocolate is always given to encourage being a wild, wacky, wonderful woman!
I have two very friendly golden retrievers.  They will be very excited to greet you but they will then settle down.  If you are frightened or have problems with dogs please let me know in advance and I can make arrangements for the dogs to be else where.
In my workshops it is my intention to explore, create, play and have fun.  All skill levels are welcome. To register send me an email  (angela@golden.net) with the date that you wish to attend.  Please feel free to share this email with anyone you think would be interested.  If you do not wish to receive my workshop information just let me know and I will remove you from the list.
 
I am available to do private workshops for four or more people, please contact me if you would like make your own special event!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday