Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Work in Progress Wednesday

This is probably one of the oddest quilts I have ever created.  I created the background with old hymnal pages.  I painted them, adhered transfer foil, added more paint, adhered to fabric and then quilted it.  Then it sat.  I knew it needed a focal point but I wasn't sure what it should be.  Last month I learned of the San Fransisco School of Needlework self-portrait challenge.  I jumped in not really knowing what I would do.  It is a mixed media challenge and that really appealed to me.  Last week I found a paper mask in my stash.  I checked it for size against the background and it seems to work.  I left the mask sitting on the background not sure of how I would attach it.  I landed upon using some vintage lace to attach the mask.  Next, I will be adding hair.  I can't wait to go through my stash to find the right bits and bobs for that!
I am linking with
http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.ca/
http://www.quiltfabrication.com/

4 comments:

Judy Cooper Textile Images said...

Very interesting, Angela. Thanks for sharing.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Angela, I really like your background. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

Queeniepatch said...

Most unusual, but great.

Susan said...

Definitely an interesting piece. I hope you include how you made it on a label, as that's a vital part of the piece.