Slow Stitching Sunday

I have added some slow stitches to this piece.  I was showing my son my progress as he is home this weekend.  He commented that it has a storybook quality to it.  I love that!  I feel like I don't have the natural ability to do high realism.  I think with time I could develop that ability but I really don't care to do that.  Bright and colourful suits me just fine.  The stitching is so enjoyable.  When I have a short length of thread left on a needle I use it up on this piece.

I am linking to
https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Susan said…
Love it. Slow stitching is so relaxing and even get to use small length of thread.
Sarah said…
I see what your son means. It's such a bright colourful project, I love it!
Kim said…
I think the storybook feeling of this beautiful piece is magical. Love all those bright and happy colours you have chosen. Your lovely stitching oozes whimsy.
Hi Angela, I agree with your son. It does have a storybook quality to it. The hand stitches add a lot. We do have to decide where we want to put our energy - so much to learn and so little time :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday