Look what I threw together

It has been a busy week but I have made a bit of time to play around.  I bought a beautiful piece of grey duponi silk from a thrift store this week.  I couldn't resist for $3.00 but I do have a rule for myself.  I am required to use any fabric I bring home in a reasonable amount of time.  I try not to buy a lot of fabric since my stash is monstrous.  Whose isn't? 

I got the fabric wet and started sprinkling Brusho powders onto it.  The colours spread beautifully and I achieved the impression of a garden which is what I had hoped to do.  The Brusho crystals are not likely permanent and I am okay with that.  I have no intention of washing it.

This is kind of a large piece for me.  It is approximately 30 x 20 inches.  Is it weird that I am thinking that this will be a book page?  That I want to make a giant book?

I am excited to start stitching into this but it will have to wait until a couple of other things are done first.

I am linking to
http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Comments

Norma Schlager said…
I love working with Dupioni silk, but I have never dyed it. Your results are so pretty. Be sure to show us what you do with it.
Love the colours you achieved. Brusho crystals are hard to control, especially when you are sprinkling more than one colour on your piece at the same time.
Lovely! Your piece begs for stitch and embellishment. Looking forward to seeing how you bring it to life.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday