Slow Stitching Sunday

I am quite happy with this piece now.  I am leaning towards calling it finished.  Well, the fun part is finished.  I am not totally sure how I will put it together and bind it.  That is always a challenge for me. 

I am eager to do this sort of piece again.  I was given a bag of laces last week.  Bits and pieces but ever so pretty and they will work really well for this technique.  I may have time to play with that idea in the coming weeks.  I just learned that the theatre where I work is closed until April 6.  My job is only part-time so it is a big hardship for me.  It isn't actually more stitching time for me as I get to stitch at my desk.  I will likely do more messy sorts of things.

I am really grateful that I got to do my trunk show in Fergus this past week.  It was well received and when someone in the audiences gasps or says wow, that feels really good.  A lot of ladies told me after the show that I was inspiring.  That also feels really good.

I am linking to
https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Quilter Kathy said…
How wonderful that you did a trunk show for the Fergus guild! I'm sure they were inspired... thanks for sharing your treasures!
And thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!
Sarah said…
Gorgeous colours and lovely textures! Great to have that appreciation for your work, but I'm not surprised!
Karrin Hurd said…
Your piece is lovely! Great work!
Jill said…
Your piece is gorgeous. Looking forward to see how you finish it. I hope something comes up which will make up for lost work time.
Hi Angela, I really like your finished piece. I'm sorry to hear about your job. It's going to be difficult for a lot of people. Good luck - and congrats on your trunk show!
Queeniepatch said…
Words and reactions like those are so important, and in your case of course 100% right.
The situation at theatres around the world is similar to yours, I hope we can all be patient and accept these precautions.
Your new piece is a real gem. How about a button edging?
Kathy S. said…
I love all the happy colors in this project, Angela. The detail is fun to look at too.
Kim said…
How I would love to be in the audience of one of your Trunk Shows! Your work is beautiful and to see each piece up close and personal would be a treat!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday