Thinking

I did this mixed media mandala a while ago.  I had been thinking that I would do all my mandalas in a 12x 12-inch square but the last one I finished I decided to leave in a round hoop.  I quite like it that way so now I am considering putting more of them in a hoop.  Most of them I have quilted and did my own kind of binding on but that is not the fun part for me.  Is there anything wrong with putting some of them in a hoop and calling them done?  If I ever have a solo show of my mandalas (which is my dream) would they all have to square?  Quilted and bound? 

I am linking to
http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Comments

MW said…
It's beautiful. An array of many would be striking!
Queeniepatch said…
Well, the hoop is an extension of the Mandala shape, isn't it.
There are lots of hoop art on Pinterest and Instagram, and lots of cheap hoops that one can 'sacrifice' as a frame.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday