Slow Stitching Sunday


 I added some Inktense to make it darker around my fireflies.  It definitely helped and I need to add some more.  I also added more beading and stitching.  Oh, beads always make me happy.  This book page is really starting to come to life.  It is interesting to look at the photograph.  I wonder why it is that I can always see things a bit differently when looking at the photograph rather than the actual piece.  


I chatted with my son yesterday about my bear page.  He had a terrific idea for me.  I enjoy getting his artistic input.  He is so clever.  As we were chatting I told him that I was feeling my work is very well suited for a children's book.  My confidence is growing.  He gave me a big hug and told me he is proud of me.  That lovely interaction makes me smile and always will.


I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Denise :) said…
Your fireflies glow! How pretty and what a clever idea to make them pop! That was a sweet paragraph about your son. Makes me miss being able to give mine a hug! :)
Karrin Hurd said…
Lovely work! Do you add a textile medium with the Inkintense?
Sarah said…
Adding bead bling always makes me happy too! Such lovely colours.
Kim said…
Well, it seems to me that your artistic son gets all his talent from his lovely mum. This piece is looking lovelier with each week. I enlarged your photo to fill my computer screen. This piece is truly beautiful, Angela. There is so much exquisite detail to look at as my eyes wander around. I cannot wait to see 'the bear' page!
Queeniepatch said…
You are so fortunate to have a great son!
The colouring on this piece is very pleasing, I love the yellow and red that break up all th cooler shades.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday