Slow Stitching Sunday


 Okay, I think this is what I am doing with my bear.  He has not been stitched down as yet.  Nor has the blue piece of fabric on top of him.  I am not sure I love the blue fabric.  I think the shape is good and the placement of the bear works.  I will need to add some stitched blueberries but I have to decide about the fabric piece for certain first.


I have dreams of grandeur for this book.  I would absolutely love to for it to be a best seller.  Wouldn't that be fun!  When I start going down that road of dreaming I start putting too much pressure on myself.  Ultimately, this book is for Juniper.  I want her to love it.  Anything else is a bonus.


I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Quilter Kathy said…
Such beautiful detailed stitching! It sounds like a creative idea (a book!) is percolating as you stitch... very exciting!
linda said…
How sweet! his placement looks perfect to me it looks like a beautiful fairytale land.
Karrin Hurd said…
Beautiful block. I like the bear and the blue fabric as is. Another great block! Great work!
Kim said…
Angela, one needs to enlarge this gorgeous photo, to see all the tiny intricate embroidery details. All those little flowers and the stitching on the trees are exquisite. I have looked at each one and think to myself how beautiful each and every one is. The little bear is adorable. About the blue, I would imagine it is going to have pretty stitches?? Ultimately, it is all in your clever and beautiful imagination, so you will know whether it is pleasing to your eye. As for the book.....I would love it to rest on my bookshelf so that I can pull it out time and time again and just drink in each beautiful page. A book such as this, needs to be appreciated by everyone as the whimsy and beauty within each page would put many a smile in their day. Oh, I think Juniper isn't the only person who will love your book! Your book reminds me of the amazing collage books of Jeanne Baker I used to read to my girls. Have you seen them?? Like your will be....they are a delight to the eyes.
Hi Angela, I'm sure that Juniper will love it! The blue is ok but I bet that you could add all kinds of stitches and make it great! :-) Take care

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday