Slow Stitching Sunday




 I made a tiny bit of progress on my little girl character.  I knew I had the perfect lace for her dress but it sure took a minute to find it!  Going through my stash really made me see the incredible abundance I have!  There are times when I am embarrassed by how much stuff I have.  Then there are times when I am really grateful that I have just the right thing because of collecting.  I don't want to call it hoarding because I actually use my things regularly.  I also purge and take loads to the thrift store.  

Back to my little girl, she still needs some stitching.  I think I want to embroider some small flowers on her dress.  Also, not quite sure what to do about those shoes.  They need help.  A little bow or something wouldn't go amiss on her ponytail.  Maybe something sparkly!


I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/


Comments

Quilter Kathy said…
You are a collector! Enjoy your stash of bits and bobs that help to create things like this adorable girl... love the embellishments!
Karrin Hurd said…
Your little girl is beautiful. I have that same piece of lace! I don't consider it hoarding either, it is my crazy quilt stash. I had to move it to the sitting room bookshelves because my sewing room wouldn't hold it all! Great work as usual!
Isn't she sweet?! I love the lacy details on her dress!
Kim said…
Your little girl is adorable and so very sweet. There is just something about the way she is standing, and then of course there is that ponytail and sweet lace kissing the hem of her dress. I too have oodles of 'stuff' just for that special project. I would imagine for the gorgeous work you do, Angela, you would need a plethora of pretties just waiting for you. I am really, really getting excited about this whimsical book of yours. I cannot wait to see it in all its loveliness.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday