Slow Stitching Sunday


 I painted this dupioni silk a while ago.  I have now started stitching into it.  I have decided I will use only silk threads.  Can you say luscious?  Silk on silk, love it!  I have added many french knots in the lower left.  I am pondering what stitches will be next.  Do I continue with the stitches I know and use all the time?  Do I use this to practise learning new stitches?  I think new or rarely used stitches are in order.  


I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

linda said…
This is lovely and I bet it will be beautiful whatever types of stitches you use on it. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Karrin Hurd said…
Another gorgeous piece! I think I would try some new stitches! Have you heard of Sharon Boggan's Stitch Dictionary? https://pintangle.com/stitch-dictionary/ I was participating in her Take a Stitch Tuesday for several years. She shows you how to do a new stitch each Tuesday. Happy Stitching!
Kim said…
Oh I would say luscious....exquisite, too! Silk on silk works for me. =) I love the sound of new stitches on this gorgeous dyed silk. Knowing you, Angela, whatever new stitches you decide to play with, they will be fabulous. Have fun!
Queeniepatch said…
Wonderful choice of material, it is such a delight to stitch silk. I hope you explore some new stitches!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday