Slow Stitching Sunday


 Oh my, yes, this is slow going.  I am using this piece to try new stitches.  I have had lots of encouragement to do so.  Was it really the best idea?  The first new stitch I tried is called Kiko's Flower Stitch.  The instructions did not make sense to me.  There seems to be a step missing.  So I adapted it.  They are done in purple silk, bottom centre.  It is good that they are a bit difficult to see because they are not good.   I have to admit I let the frustration stop me and therefore very little progress was made.  I hate to pick out stitching but that might be the best idea.  

I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

Little Penpen said…
Pretty fabric! Is that ribbon embroidery? Pretty!
Quilter Kathy said…
I can't really see the stitching well on my computer, but I looked up the name of that stitch and it looks like fun!
Hi Angela, it's not very visible but looks ok, especially if we don't know what it's supposed to look like lol Good luck with it, what ever you decide. Take care.
There are some amazingly difficult embroidery stitches to try! I hope you keep at this one - it looks like it makes a neat design. Pretty fabric you're stitching on!
Kim said…
It is frustrating when something you are working on is not playing nicely. Keep at it. I think when you add more embellishment and stitches it will begin to click. You just might surprise yourself. I cannot see the stitches clearly but when I look at your gorgeous dyed cloth and the addition of your stitches, I think your piece is looking great.
Shami Immanuel said…
Light color threads will brighten up your fabric. Pretty fabric.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday