Slow Stitching Sunday


 I have started working on my Remember Me challenge piece for the San Fransisco School of Needlework and Design.  I felted some funky yarns onto a wool base.  I have stitched on the smooth gold bullion that was provided in the trinket pack.  I have placed an old dog tag on this piece and I am not sure that I like it.   I think possibly with more stitching the heart-shaped dog tag will look better.  I would like this piece to be about my sweet Farley who has been gone for five years.  He was perfect.  His sweet and gentle nature was typical of a golden retriever. 


I am linking to

https://kathysquilts.blogspot.com/

Comments

chrisknits said…
Our furry family stays in our hearts forever. Good luck with fleshing out this project to honor your dear one.
Little Penpen said…
Oh yes! Keep the dog piece. You can make it work!!
Karrin Hurd said…
I can't wait to see how this one develops! Hope you can incorporate the tag, what a fitting memorial!
linda said…
I think it's lovely it's so unusual, a great tribute to Farley.
Do you felt your wool from wool sweaters and similar items? That's something I've never tried. Fun way to honor your sweet dog!
Kim said…
It this lovely piece is all about your sweet Farley, then the dog tag would be appropriate to be in the mix. You will make it work, I just know you will. The heart shape is perfect. Love those swirly felted whirls.
Queeniepatch said…
You HAVE TO keep the dog tag!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday