Experimentation

 

My sister, Nancy and I have started working through Textile Translations: Mixed Media by Maggie Grey. Pictured above is Nancy's work.  Neither of us has all the exact materials that are used in the book.  Substitutions are just another form of experimentation and we can only learn from them.  



The two pieces above are my experiments using paper, gesso, salt and paint.  I think we both achieved some interesting texture.  I am not overly excited with my two pieces.  Whether they get turned into anything further is still a question mark.  The top piece is very stiff and it would not be enjoyable to stitch into it.  The bottom piece is not so stiff and it would be okay to stitch into it.

We will finish the first chapter in two weeks and I will share our results then.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Journal for September

Slow Stitching Sunday